200 Indians made to clean toilets in Saudi, assaulted
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Nearly 200 Indians in Saudi Arabia, who had accused two Bangladeshi labour-recruiting agents of duping them, were allegedly beaten up by the duo after they complained about their situation to Indian officials.
Meanwhile, a daily reported that these workers were promised jobs in a plastic factory, but were made to clean toilets. They were recruited for a plastic factory and ended up in a manpower supplying company managed by two Bangladeshis.
Following their complaint to the Indian embassy about their condition, the Bangladeshi agents allegedly hired goons and assaulted them.
The workers further said that the manpower supplier warned that if they didn`t report to work, they would have to face serious consequences.
Workers are living in a state of shock and fear, requesting the Indian Embassy to protect them from further assault.
Nearly 200 skilled and unskilled youth from Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Rajasthan and Andhra Pradesh traveled to Saudi Arabia after paying between Rs 90,000 and Rs 150,000 to the Mumbai-based labor agent Fahad Enterprises, the paper quoted workers as saying.
All the workers were forced to do menial jobs at various industrial locations in the Eastern Province. They have not been paid for the two months after they arrived.
Some of them told Arab News that they are living in deplorable conditions and are being constantly threatened by bosses.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble