2,000 security men for Zardari visit
New Delhi: Around 2,000 security personnel, including sharpshooters from the elite National Security Guards, will keep a tight vigil on the national capital during Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari`s visit on Sunday.
Zardari will land in Delhi tomorrow morning and head to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s official residence where the two leaders will have a one-on-one meeting followed by lunch.
From there, he will leave for Ajmer.
A senior police official said elaborate security arrangements have been made and security personnel have been deployed on the route from the airport to the Prime Minister`s residence.
Sharpshooters will be deployed on the high-rises on the route, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt