2006 Malegaon blast case: NIA gets transit custody of Lodhi
Indore: A local court on Saturday granted three-day transit remand of Manohar Lodhi, who was arrested in connection with the 2006 Malegaon bomb blast case, to National Investigation Agency (NIA).
Lodhi (31) was arrested by the premier investigating agency from Gurdakheri village in Hatod tehsil of Indore district yesterday.
The court of Chief Judicial Magistrate Priyadarshan Sharma granted three-day transit remand to NIA which has to produce Lodhi in a Maharashtra Control of Organised Crimes Act (MCOCA) court in Mumbai on Monday, said Lodhi`s counsel Ranjan Sharma.
Earlier, the defence pleaded that Lodhi be granted a one-day custody.
35 people were killed as four bombs planted in the communally-sensitive powerloom town of Malegaon had exploded on September 8, 2006.
Malegaon had seen another terror attack in 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Gionee S6s smartphone for selfie lovers to be launched in India today
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu shine for India; USA top tally with 121 medals
- US Republican voters not happy with Donald Trump as presidential nominee: Poll
- Renault Kwid 1.0-litre to be launched in India today
- Sushant Singh Rajput, Shraddha Kapoor to come together! No, we aren’t talking about a film