2006 Malegaon blast case: NIA gets transit custody of Lodhi
Indore: A local court on Saturday granted three-day transit remand of Manohar Lodhi, who was arrested in connection with the 2006 Malegaon bomb blast case, to National Investigation Agency (NIA).
Lodhi (31) was arrested by the premier investigating agency from Gurdakheri village in Hatod tehsil of Indore district yesterday.
The court of Chief Judicial Magistrate Priyadarshan Sharma granted three-day transit remand to NIA which has to produce Lodhi in a Maharashtra Control of Organised Crimes Act (MCOCA) court in Mumbai on Monday, said Lodhi`s counsel Ranjan Sharma.
Earlier, the defence pleaded that Lodhi be granted a one-day custody.
35 people were killed as four bombs planted in the communally-sensitive powerloom town of Malegaon had exploded on September 8, 2006.
Malegaon had seen another terror attack in 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred