2006 Malegaon blast case: NIA gets transit custody of Lodhi
Indore: A local court on Saturday granted three-day transit remand of Manohar Lodhi, who was arrested in connection with the 2006 Malegaon bomb blast case, to National Investigation Agency (NIA).
Lodhi (31) was arrested by the premier investigating agency from Gurdakheri village in Hatod tehsil of Indore district yesterday.
The court of Chief Judicial Magistrate Priyadarshan Sharma granted three-day transit remand to NIA which has to produce Lodhi in a Maharashtra Control of Organised Crimes Act (MCOCA) court in Mumbai on Monday, said Lodhi`s counsel Ranjan Sharma.
Earlier, the defence pleaded that Lodhi be granted a one-day custody.
35 people were killed as four bombs planted in the communally-sensitive powerloom town of Malegaon had exploded on September 8, 2006.
Malegaon had seen another terror attack in 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- GST bill will continue to rule market sentiments
- Nepali PM KP Sharma Oli appears likely to lose no-confidence vote
- Rio Olympics 2016: Shooter Chain Singh to be discharged from hospital today
- 7.5% economic growth failed to change people's lives: Jean Dreze
- 'Kaabil' an opportunity to establish myself commercially: Yami Gautam