2006 Malegaon blast case: NIA gets transit custody of Lodhi
Indore: A local court on Saturday granted three-day transit remand of Manohar Lodhi, who was arrested in connection with the 2006 Malegaon bomb blast case, to National Investigation Agency (NIA).
Lodhi (31) was arrested by the premier investigating agency from Gurdakheri village in Hatod tehsil of Indore district yesterday.
The court of Chief Judicial Magistrate Priyadarshan Sharma granted three-day transit remand to NIA which has to produce Lodhi in a Maharashtra Control of Organised Crimes Act (MCOCA) court in Mumbai on Monday, said Lodhi`s counsel Ranjan Sharma.
Earlier, the defence pleaded that Lodhi be granted a one-day custody.
35 people were killed as four bombs planted in the communally-sensitive powerloom town of Malegaon had exploded on September 8, 2006.
Malegaon had seen another terror attack in 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?