2008 serial bomb blast accused Abdul Nasser Madani released on bail
Bangalore: Kerala-based PDP Chairman and 2008 serial bomb blast case prime accused Abdul Nasser Madani, granted bail by the Supreme Court on medical grounds, on Monday walked free from the Parapanna Agrahara Prison here.
Madani was on July 11 granted one-month bail by the apex court which took note that he was an under-trial prisoner and had already been behind the bars for the last four years and was suffering from various ailments, including diabetes.
Speaking to reporters outside the prison, Madani thanked God for getting him one-month bail as he was suffering from various ailments.
"They arrested me when I was fasting. I am out when I am fasting. Thankful to God," he said adding he would take treatment in two hospitals.
Replying to a question, he said he would obey the Supreme Court order and not influence witnesses.
He also said he was confident of getting his name cleared. "Yes, yes, yes (I am confident about that)," he said.
Karnataka government had opposed the bail and said it was ready to make all arrangements required for his treatment inside the jail premises.
The court had said that Madani will not leave Bangalore and the government is at liberty to take all steps, including putting him under surveillance, to ensure he does not get in touch with witnesses in the case.
Madani was listed as the 31st accused in an additional chargesheet filed by the police after confessions by suspected Lashkar-e-Taiba operative T Nazir linking him to the Bangalore blasts that left one person dead and 20 others injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm