2008 serial bomb blast accused Abdul Nasser Madani released on bail
Bangalore: Kerala-based PDP Chairman and 2008 serial bomb blast case prime accused Abdul Nasser Madani, granted bail by the Supreme Court on medical grounds, on Monday walked free from the Parapanna Agrahara Prison here.
Madani was on July 11 granted one-month bail by the apex court which took note that he was an under-trial prisoner and had already been behind the bars for the last four years and was suffering from various ailments, including diabetes.
Speaking to reporters outside the prison, Madani thanked God for getting him one-month bail as he was suffering from various ailments.
"They arrested me when I was fasting. I am out when I am fasting. Thankful to God," he said adding he would take treatment in two hospitals.
Replying to a question, he said he would obey the Supreme Court order and not influence witnesses.
He also said he was confident of getting his name cleared. "Yes, yes, yes (I am confident about that)," he said.
Karnataka government had opposed the bail and said it was ready to make all arrangements required for his treatment inside the jail premises.
The court had said that Madani will not leave Bangalore and the government is at liberty to take all steps, including putting him under surveillance, to ensure he does not get in touch with witnesses in the case.
Madani was listed as the 31st accused in an additional chargesheet filed by the police after confessions by suspected Lashkar-e-Taiba operative T Nazir linking him to the Bangalore blasts that left one person dead and 20 others injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert