2008 serial bomb blast accused Abdul Nasser Madani released on bail
Bangalore: Kerala-based PDP Chairman and 2008 serial bomb blast case prime accused Abdul Nasser Madani, granted bail by the Supreme Court on medical grounds, on Monday walked free from the Parapanna Agrahara Prison here.
Madani was on July 11 granted one-month bail by the apex court which took note that he was an under-trial prisoner and had already been behind the bars for the last four years and was suffering from various ailments, including diabetes.
Speaking to reporters outside the prison, Madani thanked God for getting him one-month bail as he was suffering from various ailments.
"They arrested me when I was fasting. I am out when I am fasting. Thankful to God," he said adding he would take treatment in two hospitals.
Replying to a question, he said he would obey the Supreme Court order and not influence witnesses.
He also said he was confident of getting his name cleared. "Yes, yes, yes (I am confident about that)," he said.
Karnataka government had opposed the bail and said it was ready to make all arrangements required for his treatment inside the jail premises.
The court had said that Madani will not leave Bangalore and the government is at liberty to take all steps, including putting him under surveillance, to ensure he does not get in touch with witnesses in the case.
Madani was listed as the 31st accused in an additional chargesheet filed by the police after confessions by suspected Lashkar-e-Taiba operative T Nazir linking him to the Bangalore blasts that left one person dead and 20 others injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees