2014 General Elections: `Regional outfits, parties of social change will form next government`
Chennai: Janata Dal-United (JD-U) leader KC Tyagi on Saturday said the next government would be formed by regional outfits and parties of social change, as they would play a pivotal role in defeating the Congress Party and the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in the coming elections.
"A national party like the Congress will not be able to defeat the BJP in the coming polls. It is the regional outfits and parties of social change, which will defeat the BJP. Parties such as DMK, AIADMK, JD-U, SP, B SP, and the regional outfits like TMC, BJD, and YSR Congress. These parties will be able to form the next government. There will be no prime minister without the support of the regional parties and the party of the social changes," he said.
He further said that his party would not support any candidate of the BJP including the party`s supremo LK Advani or any other leader, and their days of supporting the BJP was over.
On Friday, Chief Election Commissioner VS Sampath announced the polling dates for five states, including Delhi, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Rajasthan and Mizoram.
Sampath said elections for Chhattisgarh would be held first and in two phases-on November 11 and 19.
Elections in Madhya Pradesh would be held on November 25. Elections in Rajasthan would be held on December 1, while elections in Delhi and Mizoram would be held on December 4, he added.
Taking note of the Supreme Court`s recent ruling, giving voters the right to reject candidates in the electoral fray, Sampath said the Election Commission is taking adequate measures to educate both voters and officials deployed for election duty for the same.
He said the counting of votes for all five states would take place on December 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni