2014 General Elections: Rs 500 crore for Rahul Gandhi`s image makeover
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Congress, which suffered a huge defeat in the recently held Assembly elections, has reportedly roped in Japanese advertising and communication firm Dentsu and Burson-Marsteller to strategise the 2014 Lok Sabha polls campaign for Rahul Gandhi.
The grand old party`s move seems to be aimed at containing the growing popularity of Bharatiya Janata Party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and coping up with Arvind Kejriwal led-Aam Aadmi Party, which has decide to contest maximum number of seats in the General Elections.
Reports say that both the firms will focus on making the election campaign of Rahul hi-tech and print, digital and electronic media will be used to present the Gandhi scion as a young and vibrant leader. It is being said that Burson-Marsteller will take care of Congress vice president’s tweeter and facebook accounts.
If reports are to be believed, a hefty amount of Rs 500 crore is being given to Dentsuu and Burson-Marsteller for Rahul`s image build-up.
The latest move seems to indicate that the Congress has read the writing on the wall, especially after the recent Assembly elections held in Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Delhi and Rajasthan, in which the grand old party suffered a crushing defeat and BJP emerged as a big winner. AAP, which only contested in the national capital displayed a spectacular performance by winning 28 seats in the 70-member Delhi Assembly.
Until now the 2014 elections were considered as a battle between Rahul and Modi, but with AAP announcing to contest maximum number of seats, alarm bells seem to have started ringing for the ruling party at the Centre.
Many political pundits feel that with more and more people joining in day-by-day, social media will play a decisive role in the upcoming 2014 national polls.
Interestingly, Rahul till date doesn`t has a twitter or facebook account, whereas the Gujarat Chief Minister has 3,128,533 twitter followers and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has 1,071,925 followers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery