2014 General Elections: Three-day national executive meet of RSS from Oct 25
Kochi: The national executive of Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh will meet here for three days from October 25, the first time such a high-level meeting is being held in Kerala.
RSS Chief Mohan Bhagwat is already here for the All India Executive meeting.
Near 400 seniormost RSS functionaries will participate in the meeting, to be presided by RSS General Secretary Suresh Joshi.
In this annual get-together, an assessment of the previous year`s organisational activities and future planning takes place. Every state will be represented by the state president and secretary.
Along with the organisational matters, the national scenario of the country will also be discussed. Thorough deliberations on the stance to be taken on different relevant issues confronting the nation, will be held and appropriate resolutions will be adopted.
Meanwhile, Bhagwat today met former Supreme Court judge VR Krishna Iyer at his residence for a short while.
Iyer had last month written to Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, congratulating him for being appointed as BJP`s prime ministerial candidate for the 2014 elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Rising dengue cases: PIL accuses govt of not being vigilant
- Is Sophie Choudry secretly engaged? Here's the truth
- 'Consumers likely to feel pinch as coal freight hike may force companies to shift burden'
- PM Narendra Modi lauds Indian daughters' endeavours in Rio; demands all-round focus in sports
- Major Dhyan Chand example of sportsman spirit, patriotism: PM Modi pays tribute to the hockey legend