2014 General Elections: Three-day national executive meet of RSS from Oct 25
Kochi: The national executive of Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh will meet here for three days from October 25, the first time such a high-level meeting is being held in Kerala.
RSS Chief Mohan Bhagwat is already here for the All India Executive meeting.
Near 400 seniormost RSS functionaries will participate in the meeting, to be presided by RSS General Secretary Suresh Joshi.
In this annual get-together, an assessment of the previous year`s organisational activities and future planning takes place. Every state will be represented by the state president and secretary.
Along with the organisational matters, the national scenario of the country will also be discussed. Thorough deliberations on the stance to be taken on different relevant issues confronting the nation, will be held and appropriate resolutions will be adopted.
Meanwhile, Bhagwat today met former Supreme Court judge VR Krishna Iyer at his residence for a short while.
Iyer had last month written to Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, congratulating him for being appointed as BJP`s prime ministerial candidate for the 2014 elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened