2014 Lok Sabha polls should produce strong leadership: Imran Khan
New Delhi: Dismissing apprehensions that India`s relations with Pakistan will deteriorate if BJP came to power in the 2014 general elections, cricketer-turned politician Imran Khan on Saturday said whichever party wins should have a strong leadership.
Asked how people of Pakistan would react if BJP came to power in India, Khan, without taking BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi`s name, said, "Who comes to power is not the business of Pakistan, it is for the people of India to decide.
"All I want is a strong leadership, the ability of taking strong decisions."
He said that both countries at different point of time did not have strong leadership to resolve the issues and remove the "mistrust" between the two nations.
"I hope a strong government comes to power in General Elections in 2014," the head of the Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaaf party said at the Hindustan Times Leadership Summit here during a seminar on `India and Pakistan: Working Out`.
He said the despite the apprehensions in Pakistan about the BJP and its stance towards Pakistan, the party when it came to power last time had advocated better relations with the neigbouring country.
"When BJP came to power they were actually the ones who worked for better relations," Khan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley