2014 Lok Sabha polls should produce strong leadership: Imran Khan
New Delhi: Dismissing apprehensions that India`s relations with Pakistan will deteriorate if BJP came to power in the 2014 general elections, cricketer-turned politician Imran Khan on Saturday said whichever party wins should have a strong leadership.
Asked how people of Pakistan would react if BJP came to power in India, Khan, without taking BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi`s name, said, "Who comes to power is not the business of Pakistan, it is for the people of India to decide.
"All I want is a strong leadership, the ability of taking strong decisions."
He said that both countries at different point of time did not have strong leadership to resolve the issues and remove the "mistrust" between the two nations.
"I hope a strong government comes to power in General Elections in 2014," the head of the Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaaf party said at the Hindustan Times Leadership Summit here during a seminar on `India and Pakistan: Working Out`.
He said the despite the apprehensions in Pakistan about the BJP and its stance towards Pakistan, the party when it came to power last time had advocated better relations with the neigbouring country.
"When BJP came to power they were actually the ones who worked for better relations," Khan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof