2014 would be year of change: Anna Hazare
Ahmednagar: Social activist and anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare on Saturday said that 2014 would be "the year of change".
Inaugurating the `National Youth Integration Camp` organised by Snehalaya and National Youth Project, Hazare said, "Mentality of the Indian youth is changing rapidly, and the year 2014 would be the year of change. If the youth resolve, they can change the system."
The next general elections are due on 2014. The anti-corruption crusader, who has been accused by senior Congress leaders of acting at the behest of RSS and BJP, however added that "change of power" was not the goal of his nor his associates.
Hazare said that every problem before the country could not be blamed on the system, the political parties and the government. "Everyone among us must resolve to undertake a small effort, as per the individual capacity, to improve the life of the most backward person in the society," he said.
He also said that for any agitation/protest programme to succeed, its promoters must have some creative work to their credit, which gives them credibility. "I have been working for the last forty years. Therefore the society stood by me (in the anti-corruption struggle)."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM