21 GoMs, 8 EGoMs yet to submit recommendations: Minister
New Delhi: A total of 78 Groups of Ministers and 16 Empowered Groups of Ministers were constituted by the UPA government to take decisions on a range of issues after it returned to power in May, 2009.
Minister in the Prime Minister`s Office, V Narayanasamy, told Rajya Sabha on Thursday that of the above panels, some of which were marred by inter-ministerial disputes, 21 GoMs and eight EGoMs are yet to submit their recommendations.
"Seventy-eight GoMs and 16 EGoMs have been constituted since May 22, 2009," he said, adding that 57 GoMs had completed work on the issues before them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket