21 GoMs, 8 EGoMs yet to submit recommendations: Minister
New Delhi: A total of 78 Groups of Ministers and 16 Empowered Groups of Ministers were constituted by the UPA government to take decisions on a range of issues after it returned to power in May, 2009.
Minister in the Prime Minister`s Office, V Narayanasamy, told Rajya Sabha on Thursday that of the above panels, some of which were marred by inter-ministerial disputes, 21 GoMs and eight EGoMs are yet to submit their recommendations.
"Seventy-eight GoMs and 16 EGoMs have been constituted since May 22, 2009," he said, adding that 57 GoMs had completed work on the issues before them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj