21 IPS officers facing CBI probe, LS told
New Delhi: Twenty-one serving and retired IPS officers have been booked by CBI in the last three years in 16 different cases ranging from disproportionate assets to destruction of evidence, Lok Sabha was informed Tuesday.
In a written reply, Minister of state for Home RPN Singh said Central Bureau of Investigation has registered 16 cases against serving and retired IPS officers during the last three years.
"Action is taken by the respective authorities against the IPS officers against whom criminal cases are registered as per the prevailing law," he said.
According to the data given by Singh, CBI had booked B S Thind in 2009 in a case of disproportionate assets but filed a closure report after he passed away.
In the same year, CBI registered two cases of criminal misconduct, forgery and misappropriation against I K Gogoi, and also booked IPS officers Jiban Singh and PC Neog along with him in one case while B R Das in another.
J Ravindra Gaur, UP cadre IPS of 2005 batch, was booked in a case of murder and destruction of evidence in 2010 which is still under investigation of the agency.
Pradeep Sarpal, 1991 batch IPS of Himachal Pradesh cadre, was booked for abetment to suicide in which a report has been sent to Himachal Pradesh Government for initiating RDA (major) proceedings against him.
The agency has accused Manoj Malviya, West Bengal cadre 1986 batch, in separate cases of disproportionate assets and criminal misconduct in which it has received sanction for prosecution recently and charge sheet is being filed soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees