212 more Indians return from Egypt
Mumbai: A third batch of 212 Indians stranded in Egypt, which is in the midst of a political upheaval, arrived in Mumbai early Thursday in a special flight. Air India flight AI-160 landed with the Indians at 5.30 a.m., an official said.
This is the third flight to Mumbai in Air India`s efforts to bring back the Indians stuck in Egypt. Earlier this week, two flights carrying 320 and 280 passengers respectively arrived in this city. Air India flew a Boeing 747-400 from Mumbai to Cairo to bring the stranded Indians late Wednesday.
The airline had made it clear that though it was carrying a humanitarian mission, it would charge the passengers Rs.45,000 each to cover the costs of operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!