215 fishermen freed by Pak touches Indian soil
Attari: Of the 315 Indian fishermen released by Pakistan from a prison in Karachi, 215 reached here on Thursday, officials said.
The repatriation process of rest of the fishermen is on, they said.
Pakistan had yesterday freed the 315 fishermen, including over 20 juveniles, from a prison in Karachi as a goodwill gesture.
The fishermen were being repatriated via the Wagah land border after completion of formalities, the officials said.
The fishermen had been arrested by Pakistani coastal guards after their boat strayed into Pakistani waters during fishing in the Arabian Sea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog