215 fishermen freed by Pak touches Indian soil
Attari: Of the 315 Indian fishermen released by Pakistan from a prison in Karachi, 215 reached here on Thursday, officials said.
The repatriation process of rest of the fishermen is on, they said.
Pakistan had yesterday freed the 315 fishermen, including over 20 juveniles, from a prison in Karachi as a goodwill gesture.
The fishermen were being repatriated via the Wagah land border after completion of formalities, the officials said.
The fishermen had been arrested by Pakistani coastal guards after their boat strayed into Pakistani waters during fishing in the Arabian Sea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!
- Megresults.nic.in & mbose.in HSSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board Tura Class 12th Arts exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- Mbose.in 10th SSLC Results 2016: Megresults.nic.in Meghalaya Board SSLC Class 10th exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- She's a bae! Priyanka Chopra to get special poster for 'Baywatch'
- Foreign Investors buoyed by Indian investment: USIBC to Obama