215 fishermen freed by Pak touches Indian soil
Attari: Of the 315 Indian fishermen released by Pakistan from a prison in Karachi, 215 reached here on Thursday, officials said.
The repatriation process of rest of the fishermen is on, they said.
Pakistan had yesterday freed the 315 fishermen, including over 20 juveniles, from a prison in Karachi as a goodwill gesture.
The fishermen were being repatriated via the Wagah land border after completion of formalities, the officials said.
The fishermen had been arrested by Pakistani coastal guards after their boat strayed into Pakistani waters during fishing in the Arabian Sea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Three federal police officials killed in Mexico
- Eight killed, seven injured after jeep falls into deep gorge in Uttarakhand's Tehri Garhwal
- Masked men raise Pakistan, ISIS flags in Kashmir; stones pelted at policemen
- West Virginia floods: 20 dead, several stranded - Damage is widespread and devastating
- US Senator praises NSG after India failed to get membership