21st century will be shaped by India: Hague
London: The 21st century will be shaped by
India more than anybody else therefore the country should
occupy the top table in the global decision making, British Foreign Secretary William Hague said on Thursday.
Inaugurating the King`s India Institute, dedicated to
providing a unique programme of postgraduate training on
contemporary India in its global context, the British Foreign
Secretary said, "this century will be shaped by India more
than anybody else. India is making a mark in global economy
and India stands as a beacon of success in the region."
William Hague said the rise of India and other countries
is good for them and the world.
Referring to growing bilateral relations, Hague said "We
want the relations between India and the UK stronger, deeper
The two countries planned to double their bilateral trade
by 2015 from that of 2010 - when it was over 10 billion
The British foreign Secretary said India should "occupy
the top table in the global decision making" and it should
have a permanent seat at the UN Security Council.
The Foreign Secretary said he would be visiting India
again this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?