22 Indian fishermen arrested off Qatar coast
New Delhi: As many as 22 Indian fishermen were arrested off the coast of Qatar at Al Ruwais and India`s embassy in Doha is in touch with local authorities in the matter.
"22 Indian fishermen in seven boats were arrested of the coast of Qatar at Al Ruwais. They are currently being detained at the Al Shawal police station," official sources said here on Tuesday.
They said "Indian Embassy in Doha is in touch with the local authorities and is extending all necessary assistance in the due legal process that is underway".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'