22 Indian fishermen arrested off Qatar coast
New Delhi: As many as 22 Indian fishermen were arrested off the coast of Qatar at Al Ruwais and India`s embassy in Doha is in touch with local authorities in the matter.
"22 Indian fishermen in seven boats were arrested of the coast of Qatar at Al Ruwais. They are currently being detained at the Al Shawal police station," official sources said here on Tuesday.
They said "Indian Embassy in Doha is in touch with the local authorities and is extending all necessary assistance in the due legal process that is underway".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch