22 Indian fishermen arrested off Qatar coast
New Delhi: As many as 22 Indian fishermen were arrested off the coast of Qatar at Al Ruwais and India`s embassy in Doha is in touch with local authorities in the matter.
"22 Indian fishermen in seven boats were arrested of the coast of Qatar at Al Ruwais. They are currently being detained at the Al Shawal police station," official sources said here on Tuesday.
They said "Indian Embassy in Doha is in touch with the local authorities and is extending all necessary assistance in the due legal process that is underway".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH