22 Indian fishermen arrested off Qatar coast
New Delhi: As many as 22 Indian fishermen were arrested off the coast of Qatar at Al Ruwais and India`s embassy in Doha is in touch with local authorities in the matter.
"22 Indian fishermen in seven boats were arrested of the coast of Qatar at Al Ruwais. They are currently being detained at the Al Shawal police station," official sources said here on Tuesday.
They said "Indian Embassy in Doha is in touch with the local authorities and is extending all necessary assistance in the due legal process that is underway".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- I still feel I have a lot more to do and achieve says, Jacqueline Fernandez
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij donates Rs 50 lakh to private games tournament organised by Dera Sacha Sauda, kicks up row
- Sidharth Malhotra felt wonderful doing the US tour! READ
- UP BJP to launch 'new voters registration programme'
- PM Modi hosts Rio medallists PV Sindhu, Sakshi Malik, national sports awardees