22 Indian fishermen arrested off Qatar coast
New Delhi: As many as 22 Indian fishermen were arrested off the coast of Qatar at Al Ruwais and India`s embassy in Doha is in touch with local authorities in the matter.
"22 Indian fishermen in seven boats were arrested of the coast of Qatar at Al Ruwais. They are currently being detained at the Al Shawal police station," official sources said here on Tuesday.
They said "Indian Embassy in Doha is in touch with the local authorities and is extending all necessary assistance in the due legal process that is underway".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living