22 Indian Fishermen released by Qatar
Kanyakumari (TN): After spending nearly three weeks in jail in Qatar, 22 Indian fishermen, arrested off that country`s coast on October 7 for crossing the International Maritime Boundary Line, were released today, officials said.
They said all the fishermen, employed with a fishing company in Bahrain, were released after the company paid the requisite fine amount to the Qatar authorities.
The fishermen in seven boats were arrested off the coast of Qatar at Al Ruwais on October 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India