22 Indian Fishermen released by Qatar
Kanyakumari (TN): After spending nearly three weeks in jail in Qatar, 22 Indian fishermen, arrested off that country`s coast on October 7 for crossing the International Maritime Boundary Line, were released today, officials said.
They said all the fishermen, employed with a fishing company in Bahrain, were released after the company paid the requisite fine amount to the Qatar authorities.
The fishermen in seven boats were arrested off the coast of Qatar at Al Ruwais on October 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO