22 Indian Fishermen released by Qatar
Kanyakumari (TN): After spending nearly three weeks in jail in Qatar, 22 Indian fishermen, arrested off that country`s coast on October 7 for crossing the International Maritime Boundary Line, were released today, officials said.
They said all the fishermen, employed with a fishing company in Bahrain, were released after the company paid the requisite fine amount to the Qatar authorities.
The fishermen in seven boats were arrested off the coast of Qatar at Al Ruwais on October 7.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis