22 Indian Fishermen released by Qatar
Kanyakumari (TN): After spending nearly three weeks in jail in Qatar, 22 Indian fishermen, arrested off that country`s coast on October 7 for crossing the International Maritime Boundary Line, were released today, officials said.
They said all the fishermen, employed with a fishing company in Bahrain, were released after the company paid the requisite fine amount to the Qatar authorities.
The fishermen in seven boats were arrested off the coast of Qatar at Al Ruwais on October 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police