22 Indian Fishermen released by Qatar
Kanyakumari (TN): After spending nearly three weeks in jail in Qatar, 22 Indian fishermen, arrested off that country`s coast on October 7 for crossing the International Maritime Boundary Line, were released today, officials said.
They said all the fishermen, employed with a fishing company in Bahrain, were released after the company paid the requisite fine amount to the Qatar authorities.
The fishermen in seven boats were arrested off the coast of Qatar at Al Ruwais on October 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy