2.25 lakh pilgrims registered for Amarnath yatra
Jammu: Over 2.25 lakh pilgrims have
registered themselves for the pilgrimage to 13,500-feet high
cave shrine of Amarnath in south Kashmir Himalayas.
As many as 2,25,076 lakh pilgrims for Amarnath yatra
have been registered at various registration counter and
online centres across the country, Nodal officer of
Registration officials and Vice President, Jammu and Kashmir
Bank, Abdul Hamid said.
The registration process is going on smoothly without
any problem, he said.
Of the total 2.25 lakh registered pilgrims, 45,495
pilgrims have registered themselves through online while rest
have registered at counters at different places across the
Giving further details, Hamid said that as many as
1,13,048 pilgrims have registered themselves for pilgrimage to
cave shrine via Baltal route, while 1,12,028 pilgrims opted
for the traditional Pahalgam-Amaranth route via south Kashmir.
The Shri Amarnath Shrine Board (SASB) began the
registration process on May 10 for the yatra which will
commence on June 29 and culminate on August 13.
"The registration counters have been set up at 121
designated branches of the J&K Bank, 24 of the YES Bank and
four of the District Cooperative Banks," SASB spokesman.
The Shrine Board, at its meeting on February 18 this
year, has curtailed the period of the annual pilgrimage by 15
days. The yatra will commence simultaneously from Baltal
and Chandanwari routes on June 29 and culminate on August 13.
Traditionally, the yatra used to run for two months
beginning June 15.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents