23 farmers committed suicide in Jan-April, 2010: Agri Min
New Delhi: The Agriculture Ministry told
Parliament today that 23 farmers committed suicide in the
Vidarbha region between the start of the year and April 8,
"As per information made available by the government of
Maharashtra, 23 farmers have committed suicide in Vidarbha due
to agrarian reasons during the year 2010 from January 1 to
April 8," Minister of State for Agriculture K V Thomas told
the Rajya Sabha in a written reply.
The government has decided to extend implementation of
the non-credit components of the Rs 16,978.69 crore
rehabilitation package for 31 suicide-prone districts till
September, 2011, it said.
"It has been decided by the government to extend the
period for implementation of the non-credit components of the
package by 2 more years, i.e. September 30, 2011," the reply
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what