23-year-old suspected of murdering fellow Indian in Canada
Toronto: An Indian-origin man has been arrested in Canada in connection with the murder of a fellow Indian, whose body washed up on a river shoreline near Niagara falls in April last year.
23-year-old Dinesh Suntharalingam was arrested from his home at Markham in the Greater Toronto Area, in connection with the killing of Sathiyaraj Mahindran, the Toronto Star reported.
21-year-old Mahindran`s body was found at the edge of river Welland in the Niagara area on April 21, 2012. He had been reported missing that same day.
On Thursday, detectives of Niagra police arrested Suntharalingam and charged him with second-degree murder.
Niagara Regional Police media officer Derek Watson said that both Mahindran and Suntharalingam knew each other and lived close to each other. "The investigation has been ongoing for 13 months," Watson said.
"The investigation into Mr. Mahendran`s death is still ongoing and further arrests are anticipated," police said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!