23-year-old suspected of murdering fellow Indian in Canada
Toronto: An Indian-origin man has been arrested in Canada in connection with the murder of a fellow Indian, whose body washed up on a river shoreline near Niagara falls in April last year.
23-year-old Dinesh Suntharalingam was arrested from his home at Markham in the Greater Toronto Area, in connection with the killing of Sathiyaraj Mahindran, the Toronto Star reported.
21-year-old Mahindran`s body was found at the edge of river Welland in the Niagara area on April 21, 2012. He had been reported missing that same day.
On Thursday, detectives of Niagra police arrested Suntharalingam and charged him with second-degree murder.
Niagara Regional Police media officer Derek Watson said that both Mahindran and Suntharalingam knew each other and lived close to each other. "The investigation has been ongoing for 13 months," Watson said.
"The investigation into Mr. Mahendran`s death is still ongoing and further arrests are anticipated," police said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence