23-year-old suspected of murdering fellow Indian in Canada
Toronto: An Indian-origin man has been arrested in Canada in connection with the murder of a fellow Indian, whose body washed up on a river shoreline near Niagara falls in April last year.
23-year-old Dinesh Suntharalingam was arrested from his home at Markham in the Greater Toronto Area, in connection with the killing of Sathiyaraj Mahindran, the Toronto Star reported.
21-year-old Mahindran`s body was found at the edge of river Welland in the Niagara area on April 21, 2012. He had been reported missing that same day.
On Thursday, detectives of Niagra police arrested Suntharalingam and charged him with second-degree murder.
Niagara Regional Police media officer Derek Watson said that both Mahindran and Suntharalingam knew each other and lived close to each other. "The investigation has been ongoing for 13 months," Watson said.
"The investigation into Mr. Mahendran`s death is still ongoing and further arrests are anticipated," police said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid