230 million kids enrolled in schools under RTE: Pallam Raju
Hyderabad: As many as 230 million children have been enrolled in schools due to the efforts of the Centre under the Right to Education Act, Union Human Resource Development Minister MM Pallam Raju said here on Friday.
"The government has focused on creating capacity in education in the last few years and has achieved reasonable success, though there are many miles to go," he said.
"As many as 230 million children have been enrolled in schools due to the efforts of the Centre under the RTE Act," he added.
Pallam Raju was speaking at the inauguration of the Aga Khan Academy on the outskirts of Hyderabad.
Lauding the efforts of the Aga Khan, the Union Minister said that efforts in various spheres have contributed immensely to the development of India.
The Aga Khan and Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy were present on the occasion.
The Aga Khan Academy, Hyderabad, is part of a global network of schools founded with a view to providing quality education.
The academy provides education according to the highest international standards to meritorious boys and girls regardless of their socio-economic background.
The academy in Hyderabad is built on a 100-acre site donated by the state government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi