24 CISF personnel get Police medals
New Delhi: 24 CISF personnel, who have
rendered services in securing various government installations
and providing anti-fire expertise, were on Tuesday awarded the
President`s police medal for meritorious and distinguished
The recipients include H P S Rathore (Commandant), who
was incharge of raising the first security unit of the force
which was raised to protect important government ministries
and the Prime Ministers Office (PMO) in the aftermath of the
2001 Parliament attack.
Others include S K S Fartyal (Deputy Commandant), G K
Nair (Inspector), Narayana Sridharan and Ramesh Singh (Head
Constable) among others.
The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) has about
2.17 lakh personnel in its ranks and is deployed to protect
and secure major airports, oil, nuclear and aerspace
installations, Delhi Metro and few historical monuments.
The CISF has the only of its kind `exclusive`
anti-fire unit in it`s establishment which undertakes audit of
large installations and suggests anti-fire mechanisms in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Dreaded Maoist couple, three other ultras surrender in Odisha
- High-speed trains running on these five routes soon to be a reality
- Dalits are used as 'political weapon', says BSP chief Mayawati
- Russian athletics mess: Gloom and anger for athletes due to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- BSP workers hold protest, demand arrest of Dayashankar Singh