24 CISF personnel get Police medals
New Delhi: 24 CISF personnel, who have
rendered services in securing various government installations
and providing anti-fire expertise, were on Tuesday awarded the
President`s police medal for meritorious and distinguished
The recipients include H P S Rathore (Commandant), who
was incharge of raising the first security unit of the force
which was raised to protect important government ministries
and the Prime Ministers Office (PMO) in the aftermath of the
2001 Parliament attack.
Others include S K S Fartyal (Deputy Commandant), G K
Nair (Inspector), Narayana Sridharan and Ramesh Singh (Head
Constable) among others.
The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) has about
2.17 lakh personnel in its ranks and is deployed to protect
and secure major airports, oil, nuclear and aerspace
installations, Delhi Metro and few historical monuments.
The CISF has the only of its kind `exclusive`
anti-fire unit in it`s establishment which undertakes audit of
large installations and suggests anti-fire mechanisms in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!