245 sites identified for housing for paramilitary personnel
New Delhi: The government on Tuesday said it has
identified 245 sites for constructing about one lakh houses for
personnel belonging to paramilitary forces.
"Tentative locations based on availability of land and
housing needs of CPMFs have been identified across the country
at approximately 245 sites," Minister of State for Home
Affairs Ajay Maken said in a written reply to Lok Sabha.
The Ministry of Home Affairs has proposed a Mega Housing
Project for construction of approximately 1,00,000 houses over
a period of four years for the personnel of central
para-military forces (CPMFs) through the Public Private
Partnership (PPP) route.
In the Budget estimates for 2010-11, a provision of Rs
two crore has been made for payment to the transaction advisor
for the PPP Project, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror