245 sites identified for housing for paramilitary personnel
New Delhi: The government on Tuesday said it has
identified 245 sites for constructing about one lakh houses for
personnel belonging to paramilitary forces.
"Tentative locations based on availability of land and
housing needs of CPMFs have been identified across the country
at approximately 245 sites," Minister of State for Home
Affairs Ajay Maken said in a written reply to Lok Sabha.
The Ministry of Home Affairs has proposed a Mega Housing
Project for construction of approximately 1,00,000 houses over
a period of four years for the personnel of central
para-military forces (CPMFs) through the Public Private
Partnership (PPP) route.
In the Budget estimates for 2010-11, a provision of Rs
two crore has been made for payment to the transaction advisor
for the PPP Project, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi