245 sites identified for housing for paramilitary personnel
New Delhi: The government on Tuesday said it has
identified 245 sites for constructing about one lakh houses for
personnel belonging to paramilitary forces.
"Tentative locations based on availability of land and
housing needs of CPMFs have been identified across the country
at approximately 245 sites," Minister of State for Home
Affairs Ajay Maken said in a written reply to Lok Sabha.
The Ministry of Home Affairs has proposed a Mega Housing
Project for construction of approximately 1,00,000 houses over
a period of four years for the personnel of central
para-military forces (CPMFs) through the Public Private
Partnership (PPP) route.
In the Budget estimates for 2010-11, a provision of Rs
two crore has been made for payment to the transaction advisor
for the PPP Project, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- Crisis in Samajwadi Party: 'Helicopter kya tumhare baap ka hai?' - Why Shivpal Yadav asked this to a man in audience