25 Tibetans held outside Chinese Embassy
New Delhi: Around 25 Tibetans were detained
here today when they staged a protest and tried to enter the
Chinese embassy here, demanding independence for Tibet from
A senior police official said 25 protesters were detained
this morning after they staged a protest outside the Chinese
embassy in Chanakyapuri and tried to enter the premises.
The protesters were demanding freedom for Tibet.
Tibetans had last month also staged similar protests
outside the embassy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened