25 Tibetans held outside Chinese Embassy
New Delhi: Around 25 Tibetans were detained
here today when they staged a protest and tried to enter the
Chinese embassy here, demanding independence for Tibet from
A senior police official said 25 protesters were detained
this morning after they staged a protest outside the Chinese
embassy in Chanakyapuri and tried to enter the premises.
The protesters were demanding freedom for Tibet.
Tibetans had last month also staged similar protests
outside the embassy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India