26 corruption cases against 13 IAS officials
New Delhi: As many as 26 corruption cases
are pending against 13 senior IAS officials, who are awaiting
sanction for prosecution by the government.
The list of these 13 corrupt officials was released by
the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) in reply to an
Of the 13 officials named in the list, three are from the
Arunachal Pradesh, Goa, Mizoram and Union Territory (AGMUT)
cadre followed by two each from Punjab and Orissa cadres.
In three cases, files have been sent to the Prime
Minister and his final decision is awaited for further action.
"The final stage of processing of such matters is
submission of the proposal for due decision of the competent
authority for approval. The due decision in the matter is
taken by the Prime Minister as in-charge of the department,"
DoPT Under Secretary S G Mulchandaney said in his reply to the
RTI query filed by Manish Bhatnagar.
These 13 officers include Karan Bir Singh Sidhu (Punjab),
R K Shrivastava (AGMUT), Kavaddi Narsimha (AGMUT), J S L
Vasava (Assam-Manipur), R S Shrivastava (Rajasthan), L V
Subramaniam (Andhra Pradesh), Mandeep Singh (Punjab), Sanjeev
Kumar (Haryana) and Subhash Chand Ahluwalia (Himachal
Rakesh Mohan (AGMUT), Prafulla Chandra Mishra (Orissa),
Sudhir Prasad (Jharkhand) and Vinod Kumar (Orissa) have also
been named in the list.
Of these 13 officers, R K Shrivastava has eight different
cases against him whereas six cases are pending against Vinod
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29