26/11: Abu Jundal, Ajmal Kasab to come face-to-face soon
New Delhi/Mumbai: Ajmal Amir Kasab, the lone Mumbai attacks terrorist caught alive and the arrested 26/11 key handler Abu Jundal are soon going to be confronted by the Mumbai Police, as per reports.
From the time when the 30-year-old Abu Hamza alias Sayed Zabiuddin was nabbed on June 21 from the Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi while returning from a Gulf country, Mumbai Police wanted his custody to confront him with Kasab.
Speculations are high that Mumbai police is likely to confront both the terrorists anytime by next week, sources said.
Mumbai police were preparing to seek permission from the special court so that they bring either Kasab to the police headquarters where Jundal is kept or take Jundal to special high security cell at Arthur jail where Kasab is lodged, reports said.
Earlier, Jundal had managed to give a slip to the Mumbai Police when an arms consignment in Aurungabad was seized in 2006 and left for Pakistan.
The alleged Lashkar-e-Toiba terrorist, who is also linked to the Indian Mujahideen, was the Hindi tutor of 10 terrorists who carried out the audacious attack in Mumbai in November 2008.
While working under the guidance of Jamaat-ud-Dawa chief Hafiz Saeed, Jundal claimed to have trained Kasab. As per sources, he even travelled upto the Indian border in the same boat in which the 10 Mumbai attackers came from the Karachi port.
Missing since 2005, Hamza, who had undergone training at Indian Technical Institute in Beed, had a sudden rise in the ranks of LeT after he was indoctrinate by banned SIMI post Gujarat riots in 2002.
Since both the terrorists (Jundal and Kasab) were actively involved in carrying out the Mumbai attacks, by interrogating both of them face-to-face, Mumbai Police may gather more details.
It could disclose information not only about the 10 terrorists who were killed during the 26/11 attacks but may also unearth secrets about terror mastermind Zakiur Rehman Lakhv.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'