26/11 accused Faheem Ansari says he is innocent
Mumbai: Denying his involvement in 26/11
terror attacks, accused Faheem Ansari on Monday alleged in the
trial court that he was forced by police to prepare a map of
target locations after he was arrested in this case.
"I am innocent and have not committed any crime," said
Ansari in reply to questions put to him by the court on
evidence adduced against him by the prosecution.
The accused said it was not true that he had obtained a
a Pakistani passport by submitting fake documents and that the
dossier submitted to India by the neighbouring country in this
regard contained false information.
Ansari said the photograph on the passport was not his
and he had not procured it by submitting false papers.
Ansari rubbished the witness account that he had handed
over maps of 26/11 terror targets to co-accused Sabauddin
Ahmed in Nepal and that the latter had forwarded them to
Lashker-e-Taiba to carry out the attacks.
The accused also denied the police claim that they had
found a map of terror targets from the pocket of slain
terrorist Abu Ismael and said it was not drawn by him. He also
said the expert`s opinion that his handwriting had matched
with the author of the map was "totally baseless and untrue".
Ansari also denied having made inquiries from a shop
owner in Cuffe Parade`s fishermen`s colony about hiring a
house in the locality where the 26/11 terrorist had landed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre