26/11 accused Rana`s trial postponed till May 16
Chicago: The trial of Tahawwur Hussain Rana, co-accused along with Lashkar-e-Toiba terrorist David Headley in 2008 Mumbai attacks, has been postponed from February 14 to May 16 at the request of defence.
At a status hearing today, US district judge agreed to delay the trial date of Rana, a Chicago businessman, to give the defence more time to prepare.
"The Government shall file its response to Defendant`s Under Seal Motions  and  by January 14, 2011 which will be followed by a reply by the Defendant January 21, 2011.
The Court will rule by mail," Samborn Randall, Chicago court spokesperson, said.
Parties shall file a revised version of the Agreed Proposed Jury Questionnaire by January 28, 2011 and evidentiary hearing on Government`s Motion to Empanel an Anonymous Jury set for February 9, the spokesperson said.
Section 5 CIPA hearing set for March 14, 2011 at 10 am Government shall file its Santiago Proffer and provide Defendant with transcripts of translated conversations by
April 1, 2011.
Motions in Limine to be filed by April 15, 2011. Responses to Motions in Limine to be filed by April 29, 2011. Jury trial reset to May 16, 2011 at 10:00 am, the spokesperson said.
A Pakistan-born Canadian citizen, the 49-year-old Rana, along with David Coleman Headley, was arrested by FBI on charges of plotting terrorist attacks in India and Denmark.
Headley and Rana are residents of the city, with Rana running an immigration consultancy agency in Devon here.
Rana had made several trips to India in the past several years along with his school-time friend Headley, who has also been arrested on same charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information