`26/11 attack: Headley was hailed by wife`
New Delhi: The National Investigation Agency
(NIA) on Saturday told a Delhi court that Pakistani-American David
Headley was congratulated by his wife for the success of the
November 26 terror strike in Mumbai.
The probe agency said Headley`s wife said she had watched
the "show" (terror strike) for the whole day on television.
Advancing arguments on taking cognisance of the
chargesheet filed against 51-year-old Headley and eight
others, the prosecutor told Special NIA Judge H S Sharma that
the wife of the accused had e-mailed him saying "he has
graduated and she was proud of him."
Headley and others are accused of carrying out several
terror attacks here, NIA prosecutor Dayan Krishnan said.
"After the Mumbai attack, Headley`s first wife Shazia had
e-mailed him that she had watched the show for the whole day.
She was using code words like she was watching cartoons and
said he had graduated while congratulating him for the success
of the 26/11 strikes," said Krishnan.
The NIA prosecutor said Headley had visited and surveyed
several places in the country before the 26/11 Mumbai attack
and he had also gone to Pakistan several times.
"Headley visited Pakistan and India several times. When
he went to Pakistan, he had also met Pakistan Army official
Major Iqbal (an accused in the case) there. After eight visits
to Pakistan, Headley came back to India on July 1, 2008.
"When he again went to Pakistan, his Pakistani-Canadian
accomplice Tahawwur Rana (an accused in the case) came to
India on November 13, 2008, very close to November 26, 2008
Mumbai attack," the NIA said.
The court, after hearing arguments of NIA, posted the
matter for February 4 for further hearing.
"Arguments on the question of taking cognisance have been
advanced at length by NIA... Arguments remained inconclusive.
Put up for February 4 for further hearing," the court said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened