New Delhi: India is yet to get a reply from Pakistan to its request for voice sample of key Mumbai terror attack accused including Lashkar-e-Toiba operative Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi.
Government sources said Islamabad is yet to send its
reply to New Delhi`s request for the voice samples of Lashkar-
e-Toiba operatives Lakhvi, Zarar Shah, Abu Al Qama, Shahid
Jamil Riaz, Hamad Amin Sadiq, Yunus Anjum and Jamil Ahmed.
"We are hopeful of getting a favourable response from
Pakistan soon," the sources said.
Ajmal Kasab, the lone surviving Lashkar terrorist from
the Mumbai attack, had identified the voices of Lakhvi, Zarar
Shah, Sajid Mir alias Wasi Bhai and Abu Jindal aka Jindal Bhai
in a communication intercept recorded during the attack.
India sought the voice samples of the accused so that
they can be matched with recordings of Pakistan-based
handlers who were coordinating the actions of the 10
terrorists who had carried out the attacks in Mumbai on
November 26, 2008.
Last month, Pakistani prosecutors had filed an
application before an anti-terrorism court, probing the Mumbai
case, seeking voice samples of Lakhvi and the other accused in
view of a request made by India.
"Pakistan has not communicated anything to India. We
believe the Pakistani court has not taken a view on the
request for giving India voice samples of the accused,"
Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik had told Home
Minister P Chidambaram, when he visited Islamabad in June,
that there would be no problem in sharing voice samples with
Meanwhile, India has sent a fresh dossier to Pakistan
answering 47 questions relating to Lashkar-e-Toiba operative
David Headley`s visits to India between 2006 and 2009.
In its latest communication to Pakistan, New Delhi has
provided some basic details about Headley, his multiple visits
to India and interrogation in the United States by National