26/11: India hands over 5th dossier to Pak
New Delhi: India on Friday handed over fifth dossier on Mumbai attacks to Pakistan envoy Shahid Malik.
As per the latest news report, the dossier again gives enough proof to Pakistan to prosecute Jamaat-ud-Dawah (JuD) chief Hafiz Saeed for his involvement in Mumbai terror attacks.
Earlier, the Home Ministry had prepared submitted a dossier clarifying Pakistan’s specific doubts.
The seven-page dossier, comprising 60 pages of annexures, reportedly contained records of calls made to Mumbai attackers, and lone captured 26/11 terrorist, Ajmal Amir Kasab’s statements made in court.
The material contained "detailed information" about the investigation and legal evidence regarding the 26/11 attacks carried out by Pakistan-based Lashkar-e-Toiba outfit, sources said.
Home Minister P Chidambaram had also said that the dossiers handed over by India to Pakistan on the 26/11 attacks had sufficient evidence to nail Saeed.
To a question about Saeed, LeT founder whom India has identified as the prime accused behind the attacks, he said, "There is enough evidence to continue probe against Saeed."
Pakistan has been saying Saeed cannot be prosecuted as there is not much evidence linking him to the 26/11 attacks.
The fourth dossier was in response to the 34-page dossier given on July 11 by Pakistan which had sought the authenticated interrogation reports of two Indian terrorists Fahim Ansari and Sabahuddin held in connection with the terror attack.
Pakistan had also sought the attested copies of examination reports given by experts on the GPS and Voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP) used during the Mumbai attacks.
India had already provided details of the conversations and exchanges between the 10 terrorists who struck in Mumbai and their handlers in Pakistan. However, Islamabad had contended there were some inconsistencies in these.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM