26/11: India hands over 5th dossier to Pak
New Delhi: India on Friday handed over fifth dossier on Mumbai attacks to Pakistan envoy Shahid Malik.
As per the latest news report, the dossier again gives enough proof to Pakistan to prosecute Jamaat-ud-Dawah (JuD) chief Hafiz Saeed for his involvement in Mumbai terror attacks.
Earlier, the Home Ministry had prepared submitted a dossier clarifying Pakistan’s specific doubts.
The seven-page dossier, comprising 60 pages of annexures, reportedly contained records of calls made to Mumbai attackers, and lone captured 26/11 terrorist, Ajmal Amir Kasab’s statements made in court.
The material contained "detailed information" about the investigation and legal evidence regarding the 26/11 attacks carried out by Pakistan-based Lashkar-e-Toiba outfit, sources said.
Home Minister P Chidambaram had also said that the dossiers handed over by India to Pakistan on the 26/11 attacks had sufficient evidence to nail Saeed.
To a question about Saeed, LeT founder whom India has identified as the prime accused behind the attacks, he said, "There is enough evidence to continue probe against Saeed."
Pakistan has been saying Saeed cannot be prosecuted as there is not much evidence linking him to the 26/11 attacks.
The fourth dossier was in response to the 34-page dossier given on July 11 by Pakistan which had sought the authenticated interrogation reports of two Indian terrorists Fahim Ansari and Sabahuddin held in connection with the terror attack.
Pakistan had also sought the attested copies of examination reports given by experts on the GPS and Voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP) used during the Mumbai attacks.
India had already provided details of the conversations and exchanges between the 10 terrorists who struck in Mumbai and their handlers in Pakistan. However, Islamabad had contended there were some inconsistencies in these.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof