26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed warns Nawaz Sharif against India visit
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
New Delhi: Jamat ud Dawa (JuD) chief and 26/11 plotter Hafiz Saeed has warned Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif against visiting India to attend the swearing-in ceremony of India`s PM-designate Narendra Modi.
In a provocative video speech aired by Pakistan media, Saeed was heard saying, “If you (Sharif) visit India to attend Modi’s swearing-in ceremony, how will you be answerable to the Kashmiris?” He said that the Kashmiris will get upset if Sharif visits India.
However, Pakistan`s Foreign Office has recommended Sharif to accept the invitation to attend the swearing-in ceremony of India`s PM-elect, saying it will be a "mistake" to let this opportunity go.
Earlier also, the Lashkar-e-Toiba founder had warned political leaders in Pakistan against extending the hand of friendship towards India. Saeed said unless the Kashmir issue is resolved there can be no trade, no friendship, no agreements with India.
The formal announcement of Sharif attending Modi`s oath-taking ceremony on May 26 came hours after Pakistan PMO told Zee Media during a call and on e-mail that Sharif would be attending the event and he will reach New Delhi on Monday morning.
Sharif will be accompanied by Pakistan`s National Security Advisor Sartaj Aziz, said a report. The Pakistan PM will reportedly return to Islamabad on the same day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Say goodbye to your acidity woes with these ten simple tips!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital