26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed warns Nawaz Sharif against India visit
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
New Delhi: Jamat ud Dawa (JuD) chief and 26/11 plotter Hafiz Saeed has warned Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif against visiting India to attend the swearing-in ceremony of India`s PM-designate Narendra Modi.
In a provocative video speech aired by Pakistan media, Saeed was heard saying, “If you (Sharif) visit India to attend Modi’s swearing-in ceremony, how will you be answerable to the Kashmiris?” He said that the Kashmiris will get upset if Sharif visits India.
However, Pakistan`s Foreign Office has recommended Sharif to accept the invitation to attend the swearing-in ceremony of India`s PM-elect, saying it will be a "mistake" to let this opportunity go.
Earlier also, the Lashkar-e-Toiba founder had warned political leaders in Pakistan against extending the hand of friendship towards India. Saeed said unless the Kashmir issue is resolved there can be no trade, no friendship, no agreements with India.
The formal announcement of Sharif attending Modi`s oath-taking ceremony on May 26 came hours after Pakistan PMO told Zee Media during a call and on e-mail that Sharif would be attending the event and he will reach New Delhi on Monday morning.
Sharif will be accompanied by Pakistan`s National Security Advisor Sartaj Aziz, said a report. The Pakistan PM will reportedly return to Islamabad on the same day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Google's latest app will bring Indian art and culture closer
- Hungary's Orban says "obvious connection" between terrorism and migration
- Parineeti Chopra is not part of 'Mubaraka'
- ITC Q1 net profit up 10% to Rs 2,385 crore
- 'Kabali' fervour: Son-in-law Dhanush releases special poster, calls Rajinikanth 'The King'