26/11: NIA files FIR against Jundal, Kagazi
New Delhi: The National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Thursday registered an FIR against Abu Jundal, the handler of ten Pakistani terrorists who attacked Mumbai in 2008, for his role in the carnage.
As per reports, the NIA also booked another suspect Fayag Kagazi, besides Jundal, for hatching the 26/11 attacks conspiracy and aiding the Pakistan-trained terrorists.
Jundal was recently arrested by the Special Cell of Delhi Police in connection with terrorism related cases.
He remains in the custody of the Delhi Police.
According to national security agencies, Jundal is the highest ranked Indian in terror outfit Lashkar-e-Toiba and his questioning is proving to be a key link in establishing the involvement of Pakistan state actors in the Mumbai terror attacks.
Sources say that Hamza, whose real name is Zabiuddin Ansari, was recruited by a Kashmir-based Lashkar operative in 2005. A young Ansari is said to have been indoctrinated in those post-Gujarat-riot years. He allegedly got involved in planning for the 26/11 Mumbai terror operation at the beginning of 2008.
Sources say Hamza, as the Indian in the group, was the one who trained the terrorists who attacked Mumbai on what to wear, what to say etc. Hamza, who belongs to Beed in Maharashtra, speaks Marathi, Urdu, Hindi and also a bit of Arabic.
His interrogation so far has revealed that Abu Jundal met the 10 Mumbai attack terrorists twice.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India