26/11: Pak panel to reach Mumbai on Feb 3
Mumbai: More than three years after the 2008 Mumbai attacks, a Pakistani judicial commission probing the attacks will arrive here on February 3.
The Bombay High Court last week gave its permission to the Pakistani judicial commission to arrive in the city to interview key persons linked to the probe into Mumbai terror attacks.
The High Court had informed the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) that the in-principle approval for the visit of the Pakistani judicial commission has been given.
The MHA is also expected to convey the High Court`s approval for the visit to its counterpart in Pakistan through diplomatic channels.
The Pakistani commission will take the statements of Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate RV Sawant Waghule and Investigating Officer Ramesh Mahale, who have recorded the confessional statement of Ajmal Kasab, the lone surviving terrorist involved in the 26/11 attacks, to pursue the case in Pakistan.
It also wanted to take the statements of the two doctors who carried out the post mortem of the terrorists killed during the attack.
Pakistan has already issued a gazette notification on the formation of the judicial commission and has listed the members who will represent Pakistan government.
The delegation will include Khalid Qureshi, the head of the Federal Investigation Agency`s Special Investigation Group, and Muhammad Azhar Chaudhry and Chaudhry Zulifqar, the two main prosecutors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof