26/11 terror suspect Rana`s biz slows after arrest
Chicago: Even as Pakistani-Canadian terror
suspect Tahawwur Rana, remains locked up at the Metropolitan
Correctional Centre in Chicago, his business here is not doing
Rana was charged together with Pakistani-American
terrorist David Coleman Headley in the 2008 Mumbai terror
attacks that left 166 people dead.
"Business is slow," said an employee of the Chicago
Grocers Zabiha Halal Meat Market store at 2124 W Devon Avenue
that Rana owns.
The store is located at Devon Avenue, the hub of Indian
businesses and restaurants in Chicago.
"After the arrest (Rana`s arrest) business has become
slower," an employee said adding "regular customers still
come, but in general customers are less".
Rana`s store is filled up with Indian, Pakistani, and
The employee said that both Indian and Pakistani
customers visit the store.
"Even Headley used to come to the store to buy things,"
Rana along with Headley, is currently being held up at
the federal lock up at the Metropolitan Correctional Centre in
Meanwhile, the First World Immigration Services at 2809 W
Devon Avenue also owned by Rana has changed its name to Amero
Immigration Services Inc and is now owned by his brother
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you