26/11 trial: MTNL to provide video conference facility
Mumbai: Services of Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd have been requisitioned to provide video conference facility to a special court for deposition of three US nationals, witness to the 26/11 Mumbai terror attack.
Preparations are underway to hold the video conferencethis week for deposition of the witnesses whose identities have been kept secret for security reasons, special public
prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam told reporters.
At least four screens would be provided in the special court which is housed in the high security Central prison located at Arthur Road in central Mumbai.
The date for holding the video conference would be fixed after consulting the witnesses who are expected to throw light on how the ten terrorists, including the lone surviving gunman Ajmal Kasab, were in touch with their handlers in Pakistanthrough mobile phones, Nikam said.
Two Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) officials are also expected to appear in person for deposition as witnesses, the prosecutor said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intermediate Examination (Arts) Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 2:00 pm
- Class 10th (Matric) Exam Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 12: 00 pm
- Putin vows Russian retaliation over US missile shield in Europe
- More than 2,000 boat migrants rescued off Italy, 45 dead
- Trump rules out US presidential debate with Sanders