26/11 trial: MTNL to provide video conference facility
Mumbai: Services of Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd have been requisitioned to provide video conference facility to a special court for deposition of three US nationals, witness to the 26/11 Mumbai terror attack.
Preparations are underway to hold the video conferencethis week for deposition of the witnesses whose identities have been kept secret for security reasons, special public
prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam told reporters.
At least four screens would be provided in the special court which is housed in the high security Central prison located at Arthur Road in central Mumbai.
The date for holding the video conference would be fixed after consulting the witnesses who are expected to throw light on how the ten terrorists, including the lone surviving gunman Ajmal Kasab, were in touch with their handlers in Pakistanthrough mobile phones, Nikam said.
Two Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) officials are also expected to appear in person for deposition as witnesses, the prosecutor said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened