26/11 trial will help Pak in nabbing plotters: Nikam
Mumbai: The 26/11 trial in the anti-terror
court here is not only against Pakistan national Ajmal Kasab
but also against those who had plotted the sinister conspiracy
to attack Mumbai, according to special public prosecutor
"We are meticulously leading evidence in this case to
ensure that Pakistan uses it in keeping with the provisions of
their criminal procedure code to bring the conspirators to
book," Nikam said at a function here last night.
"The prosecution has attempted to expose diabolical
designs of Lashkar-e-Taiba to send Fidayeens like Kasab to
de-stabilise India," Nikam told Marathi actress Sampada
Joglekar in an interview before a huge public gathering.
Sanjay Govilkar, who had grappled with Kasab to disarm
him and capture him alive along with other policemen after
the terror attack on November 26 last, said "incidents like
these should bring all the people together to fight against
On the occasion, Nikam alongwith Govilkar and Kavita
Karkare, widow of slain police officer Hemant Karkare,
released Marathi version of a book on 26/11 attacks titled
"Operation Black Tornado" written by senior journalist
Speaking on the occasion, Dixit said the electronic
media was criticised for its bold coverage on Mumbai attacks
because conspirators in Pakistan had guided terrorists by
watching television. The book attempts to clear misconceptions
people have about the media, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in 92 seats, BJP ahead in 73; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Results 2017 LIVE: Mumbai Congress chief Sanjay Nirupam offers resignation; Shiv Sena ahead in BMC polls
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway