26/11 verdict exposes Pak links: Mumbai Police
Mumbai: Hailing the speedy yet transparent trial in the 26/11 case, City Joint Commissionner of Police, Himanshu Roy said that India has shown to the world that our judicial as well as the investigation agencies are transparent, adding that the case was a challenge to the police.
Speaking to reporters outside the Arthur Road Jail after Kasab was given death sentence for his role in the dastardly attack that left 166 dead, Roy opined that Kasab had been correctly convicted and added, “The death sentence was important for our democracy. We have proven that our judicial system is fair and transparent,” he added.
“The verdict has exposed the Pakistan link to the Mumbai attacks,” Roy said. Referring to the conviction of 20 Lashkar-e-Toiba members for abetment in the crime, Roy said, “The handlers of 26/11 attacks in Pakistan have also been convicted.”
The Joint Commissioner also made it a point to emphasis that the verdict is a lesson to the terrorist groups who have intention of attacking India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion