28 cases against government officers in Goa
Panaji: Goa Vigilance Department is probing 28 cases against gazetted officers for various offences including one against a DSP, who had allegedly trafficked housemaids to Gulf countries through the local airport, the Legislative Assembly was told here.
Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar, in a written reply tabled on the floor of the House last week, said former Deputy Superintendent of Police, G P B Mhapne, has been charged with "illegally pushing housemaids to Gulf countries through Dabolim (Goa) airport."
The list provided by Parrikar on the floor of the House reveals scores of illegalities mostly pertaining to bribery by government officers.
Former Director of Information and Publicity Menino Peres has been charged with impersonating. He is also charged in different cases for "irregularities in printing of booklets on the completion of two years of then (Congress-led) government."
Peres is also accused along with two other officers of irregularities in third Goa State Film Festival.
Two lecturers from Goa Engineering College -- Muthulura Rayadu and S V Balabubramanyam -- have been charged with "unauthorised absence from duty."
Director of Fire and Emergency Services Ashok Menon is charged with corruption and deriving of assets disproportionate to his known sources of income.
In a bizarre care, Dr Mallika Markandeya, working as a junior gynaecologist in a state-run hospital, has been charged with failure to handle a delivery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says