28 cases against government officers in Goa
Panaji: Goa Vigilance Department is probing 28 cases against gazetted officers for various offences including one against a DSP, who had allegedly trafficked housemaids to Gulf countries through the local airport, the Legislative Assembly was told here.
Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar, in a written reply tabled on the floor of the House last week, said former Deputy Superintendent of Police, G P B Mhapne, has been charged with "illegally pushing housemaids to Gulf countries through Dabolim (Goa) airport."
The list provided by Parrikar on the floor of the House reveals scores of illegalities mostly pertaining to bribery by government officers.
Former Director of Information and Publicity Menino Peres has been charged with impersonating. He is also charged in different cases for "irregularities in printing of booklets on the completion of two years of then (Congress-led) government."
Peres is also accused along with two other officers of irregularities in third Goa State Film Festival.
Two lecturers from Goa Engineering College -- Muthulura Rayadu and S V Balabubramanyam -- have been charged with "unauthorised absence from duty."
Director of Fire and Emergency Services Ashok Menon is charged with corruption and deriving of assets disproportionate to his known sources of income.
In a bizarre care, Dr Mallika Markandeya, working as a junior gynaecologist in a state-run hospital, has been charged with failure to handle a delivery.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way