28 Indian fishermen captured by Pak agency; 5 boats seized
Ahmedabad: In fifth such incident since August, Pakistan coastal authorities have apprehended 28 Indian fishermen and seized five boats, a Gujarat-based fishermen`s association said on Thursday.
The fishermen were captured by Pakistan Maritime Security Agency (PMSA) off the International Maritime Boundary Line (IMBL) in the Arabian Sea near Jakhau village in Kutch district yesterday afternoon, Porbandar Boat Association General Secretary Manish Lodhari said.
Five fishing boats were also seized, he said, adding this was the fifth such incident since the fishing season began on August 15 last year.
The boats and the fishermen, all hailing from Gujarat, were taken to Karachi this morning, he said.
Three of the boats were from Okha and the others from Porbandar, Lodhari said.
On September 20, 2013, PMSA had seized nine Indian boats and apprehended 58 fishermen off Porbandar coast. On October 12, 2013, PMSA had killed one Indian fisherman and captured 30 others from near the IMBL. Five Indian boats were also confiscated by the security agency.
Nine Indian boats were seized and 40 fishermen apprehended by PMSA on charges of illegally crossing IMBL off Jakhau coast on October 24, 2013.
In the fourth incident, nine Indian boats were seized and 22 fishermen taken into custody by PMSA off the IMBL last month.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed