28 Indian fishermen captured by Pak agency; 5 boats seized
Ahmedabad: In fifth such incident since August, Pakistan coastal authorities have apprehended 28 Indian fishermen and seized five boats, a Gujarat-based fishermen`s association said on Thursday.
The fishermen were captured by Pakistan Maritime Security Agency (PMSA) off the International Maritime Boundary Line (IMBL) in the Arabian Sea near Jakhau village in Kutch district yesterday afternoon, Porbandar Boat Association General Secretary Manish Lodhari said.
Five fishing boats were also seized, he said, adding this was the fifth such incident since the fishing season began on August 15 last year.
The boats and the fishermen, all hailing from Gujarat, were taken to Karachi this morning, he said.
Three of the boats were from Okha and the others from Porbandar, Lodhari said.
On September 20, 2013, PMSA had seized nine Indian boats and apprehended 58 fishermen off Porbandar coast. On October 12, 2013, PMSA had killed one Indian fisherman and captured 30 others from near the IMBL. Five Indian boats were also confiscated by the security agency.
Nine Indian boats were seized and 40 fishermen apprehended by PMSA on charges of illegally crossing IMBL off Jakhau coast on October 24, 2013.
In the fourth incident, nine Indian boats were seized and 22 fishermen taken into custody by PMSA off the IMBL last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Want a better life? Practice these 5 habits – Watch video
- Toyota launches new engine facility in Bengaluru
- Rio-bound boxer Manoj Kumar reaches out to PM Narendra Modi – Here's why
- Subramanian Swamy denies targeting Arun Jaitley, says he looks very smart in a coat
- PM Modi launches Smart City projects in Pune, calls it "People's Mission"