28 Indian fishermen captured by Pak agency; 5 boats seized
Ahmedabad: In fifth such incident since August, Pakistan coastal authorities have apprehended 28 Indian fishermen and seized five boats, a Gujarat-based fishermen`s association said on Thursday.
The fishermen were captured by Pakistan Maritime Security Agency (PMSA) off the International Maritime Boundary Line (IMBL) in the Arabian Sea near Jakhau village in Kutch district yesterday afternoon, Porbandar Boat Association General Secretary Manish Lodhari said.
Five fishing boats were also seized, he said, adding this was the fifth such incident since the fishing season began on August 15 last year.
The boats and the fishermen, all hailing from Gujarat, were taken to Karachi this morning, he said.
Three of the boats were from Okha and the others from Porbandar, Lodhari said.
On September 20, 2013, PMSA had seized nine Indian boats and apprehended 58 fishermen off Porbandar coast. On October 12, 2013, PMSA had killed one Indian fisherman and captured 30 others from near the IMBL. Five Indian boats were also confiscated by the security agency.
Nine Indian boats were seized and 40 fishermen apprehended by PMSA on charges of illegally crossing IMBL off Jakhau coast on October 24, 2013.
In the fourth incident, nine Indian boats were seized and 22 fishermen taken into custody by PMSA off the IMBL last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read