28 militants killed by Indian Army on LoC in nearly 2 months
Srinagar: Army on Friday said it has killed 28 militants on the Line of Control and in the hinterland in Kashmir Valley since the June 24 Hyderpora attack and recovered huge cache of arms and ammunition.
"Since the Hyderpora attack of June 24, there have been a series of successful operations both on LoC and in the hinterland area. We have killed 28 terrorists in this period, out of which 18 were eliminated on the LoC and 10 in the hinterland," GOC of Srinagar-based 15 Corps Lt Gen Gurmeet Singh told reporters here.
He said eight of the slain terrorists were those who were injured and crossed back but died immediately on the other side of the LoC. "We have inputs related to their deaths in those areas," he said.
Singh`s statement came against the backdrop of incessant firing between Pakistani and Indian troops in Poonch district in Jammu and Kashmir.
The Valley-based top army commander said the success in the operations has been a result of effective counter infiltration grid and integrated intelligence created by different intelligence wings operating in Kashmir.
Singh said there have not been "significant" ceasefire violations from across the border in the Valley, but attempts to infiltrate "are going to be there" in the coming time.
"In the Kashmir Valley, there has been no significant ceasefire violation, but attempts to infiltrate are there.
"Also, I like to highlight their infrastructure and apparatus close to the launchpad and their activities indicate that they are going to attempt infiltration in the coming time," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Watch: NASA releases best images of Pluto's largest moon, Charon