28 militants killed by Indian Army on LoC in nearly 2 months
Srinagar: Army on Friday said it has killed 28 militants on the Line of Control and in the hinterland in Kashmir Valley since the June 24 Hyderpora attack and recovered huge cache of arms and ammunition.
"Since the Hyderpora attack of June 24, there have been a series of successful operations both on LoC and in the hinterland area. We have killed 28 terrorists in this period, out of which 18 were eliminated on the LoC and 10 in the hinterland," GOC of Srinagar-based 15 Corps Lt Gen Gurmeet Singh told reporters here.
He said eight of the slain terrorists were those who were injured and crossed back but died immediately on the other side of the LoC. "We have inputs related to their deaths in those areas," he said.
Singh`s statement came against the backdrop of incessant firing between Pakistani and Indian troops in Poonch district in Jammu and Kashmir.
The Valley-based top army commander said the success in the operations has been a result of effective counter infiltration grid and integrated intelligence created by different intelligence wings operating in Kashmir.
Singh said there have not been "significant" ceasefire violations from across the border in the Valley, but attempts to infiltrate "are going to be there" in the coming time.
"In the Kashmir Valley, there has been no significant ceasefire violation, but attempts to infiltrate are there.
"Also, I like to highlight their infrastructure and apparatus close to the launchpad and their activities indicate that they are going to attempt infiltration in the coming time," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy