28 TN fishermen injured in "attack" by Sri Lankan Navy
Rameswaram: Twenty eight fishermen
from Tamil Nadu were injured when they were attacked allegedly
by Sri Lankan Naval personnel while fishing near Katchatheevu
late Saturday night.
Three persons suffered serious injuries as they were
beaten up badly, official sources and local fishermen`s
association functionary Anthony Raj said today.
They said the incident occurred around midnight when
the men were fishing near Katchatheevu, an islet ceded to Sri
Lanka by India.
Their fishing nets were damaged and diesel cans thrown
into the sea, they said.
The three seriously injured fishermen had been
admitted to the Government Hospital here today.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- US, UN condemn Syria hospital bombing in war-ravaged Aleppo
- F-16 to boost precision strike capability in anti-terror operations: Pakistan
- UN Security Council readies North Korea missile test reply
- US Vice President Joe Biden on surprise visit to Iraq
- Panama papers scandal: Russia to join global fight against tax evasion