28 TN fishermen injured in "attack" by Sri Lankan Navy
Rameswaram: Twenty eight fishermen
from Tamil Nadu were injured when they were attacked allegedly
by Sri Lankan Naval personnel while fishing near Katchatheevu
late Saturday night.
Three persons suffered serious injuries as they were
beaten up badly, official sources and local fishermen`s
association functionary Anthony Raj said today.
They said the incident occurred around midnight when
the men were fishing near Katchatheevu, an islet ceded to Sri
Lanka by India.
Their fishing nets were damaged and diesel cans thrown
into the sea, they said.
The three seriously injured fishermen had been
admitted to the Government Hospital here today.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India