28 TN fishermen injured in "attack" by Sri Lankan Navy
Rameswaram: Twenty eight fishermen
from Tamil Nadu were injured when they were attacked allegedly
by Sri Lankan Naval personnel while fishing near Katchatheevu
late Saturday night.
Three persons suffered serious injuries as they were
beaten up badly, official sources and local fishermen`s
association functionary Anthony Raj said today.
They said the incident occurred around midnight when
the men were fishing near Katchatheevu, an islet ceded to Sri
Lanka by India.
Their fishing nets were damaged and diesel cans thrown
into the sea, they said.
The three seriously injured fishermen had been
admitted to the Government Hospital here today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- Two Maoists gunned down by security forces in Chhattisgarh
- 1 die, 3 injured as fire breaks out in highrise
- Tour de France 2016: Chris Froome on brink of 3rd title as Ion Izaguirre wins penultimate stage
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar monitors search operations but no sign of missing IAF plane
- President Mukherjee, PM Modi condemns suicide attack in Kabul