28 TN fishermen injured in "attack" by Sri Lankan Navy
Rameswaram: Twenty eight fishermen
from Tamil Nadu were injured when they were attacked allegedly
by Sri Lankan Naval personnel while fishing near Katchatheevu
late Saturday night.
Three persons suffered serious injuries as they were
beaten up badly, official sources and local fishermen`s
association functionary Anthony Raj said today.
They said the incident occurred around midnight when
the men were fishing near Katchatheevu, an islet ceded to Sri
Lanka by India.
Their fishing nets were damaged and diesel cans thrown
into the sea, they said.
The three seriously injured fishermen had been
admitted to the Government Hospital here today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Belgian jazz musician Toots Thielemans dies at 94
- Finance Ministry expects new RBI Governor Urjit Patel to push growth while checking inflation
- Tata Motors launches two new commercial vehicles in Indonesia
- ArcelorMittal to pay $110 million fine for price fixing in South Africa
- Sisodia attacks PM on 'killer' Chinese manjha, demands ban on import