28 TN fishermen injured in "attack" by Sri Lankan Navy
Rameswaram: Twenty eight fishermen
from Tamil Nadu were injured when they were attacked allegedly
by Sri Lankan Naval personnel while fishing near Katchatheevu
late Saturday night.
Three persons suffered serious injuries as they were
beaten up badly, official sources and local fishermen`s
association functionary Anthony Raj said today.
They said the incident occurred around midnight when
the men were fishing near Katchatheevu, an islet ceded to Sri
Lanka by India.
Their fishing nets were damaged and diesel cans thrown
into the sea, they said.
The three seriously injured fishermen had been
admitted to the Government Hospital here today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: After surgical strikes by Indian Army, Nawaz Sharif says Pakistan wants peace
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’