29 new cases of swine flu push India`s tally to 371
New Delhi: Twenty nine new cases of swine flu were reported in the country Thursday, taking the tally to 371.
"Twenty-nine new laboratory confirmed cases have been reported today (Thursday). Seven in Delhi, six in Bangalore, four in Chennai, four in Pune, three in Hyderabad, two in Thiruvananthapuram, two in Goa and one in Coimbatore," said a Health Ministry statement.
"Of the 371 positive cases, 237 have been discharged. Rest of them remain admitted to the identified health facilities. The situation is being monitored," it added.
Meanwhile, Delhi Health Minister Kiran Walia Thursday asked parents not to send their children to school if they show symptoms of swine flu, but at the same time advised students that there was no need for panic.
On a visit to St. Thomas School, where 11 students were diagnosed with Influenza A(H1N1), Walia said the government is fully prepared to treat swine flu if there is an outbreak.
"Swine flu has not taken a virulent form and there is no need to worry about the disease. It is curable and can be controlled," Walia said.
Of the 11 students of the school who were diagnosed with the virus, six have been fully cured, while the rest are being treated in the Ram Manohar Lohia, Bhimrao Ambedkar and Loknayak Jai Prakash hospitals.
"There is no need to close the schools. We only need to be careful and take precautions about the disease. The preventive measures have been sent to the schools and principals have been asked to tell the students about the dos and don`ts to avoid the infection," Walia said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM