2G: Asif Balwa, Rajeev remanded in CBI custody
New Delhi: Asif Balwa, a cousin of 2G
spectrum case accused Shahid Balwa, and Rajeev B Agarwal,
arrested for their alleged role in the scam, were today
remanded in CBI custody till April 1 by a Delhi court.
"Both the accused are remanded in police custody till
April 1," Special CBI Judge O P Saini said.
The CBI sought their remand for custodial
interrogation, saying they were not revealing "the true facts
and circumstances of the criminal conspiracy which led to the
transfer of Rs 200 crores to the bank accounts of Kalaignar TV
CBI prosecutor Akhilesh told the court that both the
accused were instrumental in transferring Rs 200 crores to
Kalaignar TV Pvt Ltd through the bank accounts of Cineyug
Films Pvt Ltd.
Rajeev Agarwal and Asif Balwa were directors of
Kusegaon Fruits and Vegetables Pvt Ltd. Asif was also Director
of DB Realty Pvt Ltd (a partner of Dynamic Realty). Asif`s
cousin Shahid is presently lodged in judicial custody for his
alleged involvement in the 2G spectrum scam.
The probe agency told the court that an agreement
dated December 19, 2008 was "purportedly executed between
Cineyug films Pvt Ltd and Kalaignar TV Pvt Ltd which has not
yet been made available by the two accused."
Appearing for both Asif and Agarwal, advocate Vijay
Agarwal contended that the CBI is only targeting his clients
and they have not touched any other telecom operator in this
He said the transaction of money, on the basis of
which the CBI has arrested his clients, took place a year
after the grant of 2G licences.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda