2G: CAG says willing to appear before JPC again
New Delhi: Against the backdrop of dispute over the figure of Rs 1.76 lakh crore loss in 2G spectrum allocation, CAG Vinod Rai has offered to appear before the JPC
looking into the 2G scam once again.
Rai recently wrote to JPC offering to make himself along with his officials "available" whenever their "assistance" is sought.
Rai, along with other officials of the Comptroller and Auditor General, had appeared before the JPC on May 30 to brief the panel on CAG report on 2G spectrum allocation.
The CAG said that his officials have made "earnest effort" to supply the JPC with all the documents and records sought by it on the issue.
Meanwhile, Rai and his deputy Rehka Gupta will explain to Parliament`s Public Accounts Committee (PAC) tomorrow on how the CAG arrived at the Rs 1.76 lakh crore figure.
RP Singh, former director general of audit (Post and Telecommunications), was the lead auditor in 2G spectrum allocation and had reportedly disputed the loss figure of Rs 1.76 lakh crore. Singh had reportedly said the losses were to the tune of Rs 2,645 crore only.
Singh, who has since retired, has been separately called as a witness before the PAC tomorrow.
In a letter to PAC, Singh has maintained that under RTI, information was sought by an applicant requiring copies of correspondence between him and office of the CAG.
"In this context, I am to state that I just complied with the RTI Act...I have not appeared for any interview to media, print or electronic..." he said.
He also forwarded the draft audit report and other related documents to the PAC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town