2G case: CBI wants more time to respond to Balwa`s plea
New Delhi: The CBI Thursday asked for more time from a court here to file its response on Swan Telecom promoter Shahid Usman Balwa`s plea for permission to withdraw the answers he gave in response to the court`s query in the ongoing trial in the 2G spectrum allocation case.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), which was scheduled to file its reply Thursday, requested Special CBI Judge O.P. Saini to grant more time, saying it was not ready and will file a reply within a day or two.
The court fixed the matter for May 28 for further hearing.
"This was a bona fide mistake and the same was neither intentional nor deliberate but only due to an inadvertent error of recording the answers on the court`s computer," said Balwa.
Balwa faced the court`s ire with Judge Saini saying he "deserved" to be taken into custody for his misconduct.
On March 27, Balwa was handed over a document with 1,700 questions running into 824 pages by the court.
The questions were part of recording of the statement of the accused in the case.
Balwa said in his plea that he understood the court`s queries and he required no further clarification.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?