2G case: CBI wants more time to respond to Balwa`s plea
New Delhi: The CBI Thursday asked for more time from a court here to file its response on Swan Telecom promoter Shahid Usman Balwa`s plea for permission to withdraw the answers he gave in response to the court`s query in the ongoing trial in the 2G spectrum allocation case.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), which was scheduled to file its reply Thursday, requested Special CBI Judge O.P. Saini to grant more time, saying it was not ready and will file a reply within a day or two.
The court fixed the matter for May 28 for further hearing.
"This was a bona fide mistake and the same was neither intentional nor deliberate but only due to an inadvertent error of recording the answers on the court`s computer," said Balwa.
Balwa faced the court`s ire with Judge Saini saying he "deserved" to be taken into custody for his misconduct.
On March 27, Balwa was handed over a document with 1,700 questions running into 824 pages by the court.
The questions were part of recording of the statement of the accused in the case.
Balwa said in his plea that he understood the court`s queries and he required no further clarification.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'