2G case: Former Telecom Secy moves HC
New Delhi: Former Telecom Secretary
Siddharth Behura on Friday moved the Delhi High Court challenging
the framing of charges against him in 2G spectrum allocation
"Issue notice to CBI for March 13," Justice M L Mehta
said while admitting the petition of Behura who, along with
ex-Telecom Minister A Raja, is in jail since his arrest on
February 2 last year.
The moment advocate Aman Lekhi, appearing for Behura,
started advancing his arguments, Justice Mehta said "I have
kept similar petitions of other accused in the case for
hearing on March 12 and 13. Let, it be heard with them."
Opposing the framing of charges under the IPC and the
Prevention of Corruption Act, Behura, in his petition, said
there was no substantive allegation against him.
It is not the case of CBI that he received any bribe or
took part in any conspiracy, the retired bureaucrat said.
So far, out of 17, nine accused, including Behura,
Reliance ADAG officials, Group Managing Director Gautam Doshi,
Senior Vice President Hari Nair and Group President Surendra
Pipara and Sanjay Chandra, Managing Director of Unitech,
Rajeev Agarwal and Asif Balwa, directors of Kusegaon Fruits
and Vegetables Private Ltd, have moved the High Court against
the lower court order on framing of charges.
Telecom firms, Reliance Telecom Ltd and Unitech, have
also challenged the order of the lower court on the issue.
Special CBI Judge O P Saini had on October 22 framed
charges against the 17 accused for offences of conspiracy,
criminal breach of trust, cheating, forgery and abuse of
official position under the IPC and the Prevention of
Corruption Act. If held guilty, they could be awarded life
term as maximum sentence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India