2G case: HC seeks report on health of Morani
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Thursday sought a report from Tihar Jail authorities and the CBI on the health condition of 2G spectrum case accused Cineyug Films director Karim Morani, who is seeking interim bail.
The court also directed the jail superintendent to provide him proper medical facilities as per the doctor`s advice.
"The concerned jail superintendent of Tihal Jail and the medical superintendent of the concerned hospital, where the petitioner is getting treatment, are directed to submit a detailed report on his medical condition within two days,"
Justice Ajit Bharihoke said in the order.
Directing CBI to submit a report on Monday, the next date of hearing, Justice Bharihoke said, "The respondent (CBI) is directed to verify the facts and submit a report on the medical condition of the petitioner."
"In the meanwhile, the concerned jail superintendent is directed to ensure proper medical treatment to the petitioner (Morani) as per the advice of the treating doctor, of the concerned government hospital" Justice Bharihoke said.
The order came after the CBI counsel sought more time to file its response on Morani`s bail application, saying the jai authorities had declined to provide any information
pertaining to Morani`s health conditions as the court`s earlier order passed on June 20 did not specify any such direction.
Senior advocate Siddharth Lutra, appearing for Morani, sought his bail on the grounds of his client`s deteriorating health. Morani had sought bail on medical grounds, saying he is suffering from a heart ailment.
To his submission, Justice Bharihoke said the documents submitted by the petitioner are not the fresh ones and asked the counsel to provide fresh documents to establish his claims.
The CBI had named Morani as accused in the 2G case in the second chargesheet for allegedly facilitating the transaction of Rs 200 crore from Shahid Balwa`s DB Realty to Kalaignar TV, in which DMK MP Kanimozhi holds 20 percent stake.
The CBI had alleged that Morani took six crore for facilitating the transaction of "illegal gratification" of Rs 200 crore.
Morani was arrested on May 30 after the special CBI court had rejected his bail plea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez