2G case: Kanimozhi bail plea on Friday
New Delhi: As she anxiously awaits a
decision on her bail plea on Friday, the blistering summer heat
of the capital seems to have hit DMK MP Kanimozhi, who today
complained of ill-health in a Delhi Court which allowed her to
temporarily skip the proceedings in the 2G spectrum case.
No sooner did the court began its proceedings for the
day, Kanimozhi urged Special CBI Judge O P Saini to grant her
relief on medical grounds.
She was allowed to leave the courtroom till lunch. Her
counsel said she had pain in the stomach and made an oral
request to the judge to exempt her from personal presence in
the court till lunch.
Kanimozhi, the 43-year-old daughter of former Tamil
Nadu Chief Minister M Karunanidhi, came back to the court at
2 PM with her husband Aravindan.
On being asked by reporters how she was feeling, she
smiled and said, "I am okay."
Inside the courtroom, she sat with her head down. For
a major part, she could be seen resting her head against the
The court had asked Kanimozhi to appear before the
court daily till her bail is decided. Earlier, she was granted
exemption for May 12 and 13 as she was to appear before the
Income Tax office in Chennai.
Kanimozhi has been charge sheeted by the CBI which
accused her of entering into a criminal conspiracy with prime
accused former Telecom Minister A Raja.
She has also been charged under the Prevention of
Corruption Act for taking illegal gratification through
Kalaignar TV--a channel run by the ruling DMK in Tamil
Nadu--in which about Rs.200 crore related to the 2G scam was
alleged to have been routed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22