2G case: Kanimozhi bail plea on Friday
New Delhi: As she anxiously awaits a
decision on her bail plea on Friday, the blistering summer heat
of the capital seems to have hit DMK MP Kanimozhi, who today
complained of ill-health in a Delhi Court which allowed her to
temporarily skip the proceedings in the 2G spectrum case.
No sooner did the court began its proceedings for the
day, Kanimozhi urged Special CBI Judge O P Saini to grant her
relief on medical grounds.
She was allowed to leave the courtroom till lunch. Her
counsel said she had pain in the stomach and made an oral
request to the judge to exempt her from personal presence in
the court till lunch.
Kanimozhi, the 43-year-old daughter of former Tamil
Nadu Chief Minister M Karunanidhi, came back to the court at
2 PM with her husband Aravindan.
On being asked by reporters how she was feeling, she
smiled and said, "I am okay."
Inside the courtroom, she sat with her head down. For
a major part, she could be seen resting her head against the
The court had asked Kanimozhi to appear before the
court daily till her bail is decided. Earlier, she was granted
exemption for May 12 and 13 as she was to appear before the
Income Tax office in Chennai.
Kanimozhi has been charge sheeted by the CBI which
accused her of entering into a criminal conspiracy with prime
accused former Telecom Minister A Raja.
She has also been charged under the Prevention of
Corruption Act for taking illegal gratification through
Kalaignar TV--a channel run by the ruling DMK in Tamil
Nadu--in which about Rs.200 crore related to the 2G scam was
alleged to have been routed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!