2G case lawyer under scanner for misconduct
New Delhi: A lawyer representing a number of high-profile accused in the 2G spectrum case has come under the scanner of the advocates` regulatory body for alleged "professional misconduct" and has been slapped with a show-cause notice.
Advocate Vijay Aggarwal, who has been appearing for Swan Telecom promoters Shahid Usman Balwa, Vinod Goenka and others associated with them in 2G scam, has been charged with violating the law which prohibit a practising lawyer from
indulging in two active professions.
The Bar Council of Delhi (BCD) has summoned Aggarwal on July 22 to explain as to how could he indulge in two professions -- Chartered Accountancy and Advocacy --
However, Aggarwal denied the charge and said though he has a Chartered Accountant`s degree, he was only actively involved in the profession of law.
The BCD took action after noting that he was allegedly running a website in which some of the content was against the rules and regulation governing the conduct of lawyers.
"It is seen from the website that Aggarwal, who is reportedly enrolled with the Delhi Bar Council is running the law firm Analyst Law Association. After having gone through the entire content of the website the majority of the council of members were of the view that prima facie a case of misconduct is made out against the advocate," said the resolution passed by the BCD on July 8.
The notice was issued to the advocate on the complaint filed by Rajiv Khosla, who is a member of the BCD.
When contacted, Aggarwal said, "I have not received any such notice so far but once I get the notice, I will reply accordingly."
"In every meeting Bar council issues notices to number of lawyers on professional misconduct but on the next date they drop the charge," he said.
"It is not my website. You can check it right now. The website is under construction. Somebody else might have opened it in my name but I have not authorised any one to do so," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India