2G case lawyer under scanner for misconduct
New Delhi: A lawyer representing a number of high-profile accused in the 2G spectrum case has come under the scanner of the advocates` regulatory body for alleged "professional misconduct" and has been slapped with a show-cause notice.
Advocate Vijay Aggarwal, who has been appearing for Swan Telecom promoters Shahid Usman Balwa, Vinod Goenka and others associated with them in 2G scam, has been charged with violating the law which prohibit a practising lawyer from
indulging in two active professions.
The Bar Council of Delhi (BCD) has summoned Aggarwal on July 22 to explain as to how could he indulge in two professions -- Chartered Accountancy and Advocacy --
However, Aggarwal denied the charge and said though he has a Chartered Accountant`s degree, he was only actively involved in the profession of law.
The BCD took action after noting that he was allegedly running a website in which some of the content was against the rules and regulation governing the conduct of lawyers.
"It is seen from the website that Aggarwal, who is reportedly enrolled with the Delhi Bar Council is running the law firm Analyst Law Association. After having gone through the entire content of the website the majority of the council of members were of the view that prima facie a case of misconduct is made out against the advocate," said the resolution passed by the BCD on July 8.
The notice was issued to the advocate on the complaint filed by Rajiv Khosla, who is a member of the BCD.
When contacted, Aggarwal said, "I have not received any such notice so far but once I get the notice, I will reply accordingly."
"In every meeting Bar council issues notices to number of lawyers on professional misconduct but on the next date they drop the charge," he said.
"It is not my website. You can check it right now. The website is under construction. Somebody else might have opened it in my name but I have not authorised any one to do so," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption