Asked about the court's rejection of the petition by
Janata Party president Subramanian Swamy, sources in the
agency said it had conducted a thorough investigation in the
2G spectrum allocation scam and no evidence of any criminal
culpability on the part of Chidambaram had emerged so far.
Swamy, in his petition, had sought making Chidambaram a
co-accused in the 2G case alleging that he was as culpable as
then telecom minister A Raja in determining the price of
Special Judge O P Saini today dismissed Swamy's petition
holding that Chidambaram had not acted with "malafide"
intention and had not colluded with Raja to subvert the
telecom policy for pecuniary gains.
The court said it will commence the hearing on the
complaint filed by Swamy in which he had made further
allegations against former Raja without making Chidambaram an
accused from March 17.
New Delhi: Even as a special court dismissed
a plea to make P Chidambaram a co-accused in the 2G case, CBI
Saturday said it had not found any evidence of criminal
culpability on his part during its probe.
First Published: Saturday, February 04, 2012, 17:57